what is @font-face?
Why use it?
- it’s easy to implement and use
- it is supported by the major browsers
How to use it?
- Download a font face kit on your computer
- Extract the downloaded zip
- Include your fonts in your webproject
- Add the font-face css code at the top of your stylesheet (make sure to set the paths to your fonts correctly)
- Add the font-family attribute with the new font as value
ute to your css style with the custom font as value (and other fonts as fallback)
…. and that’s it! … really? … yes thats really all you need to do 🙂 pretty cool, isn’t it?
not convinced yet? why don’t you have a look at fontsquirrel, they have ready to use @font-face kits that you can download. Even better, if you have a TTF font (and made sure you are allowed to embed that font) you can the use their @font-face kit generator wich will generate the css code for you and convert your font to the other required formats for browser compatibility.
a simple, easy way to embed fonts with little effort and no headaches.